in the Northeast US area are available to NEIFT Corporate members at no charge.
Non-Corporate members will be charged a nominal fee of $30 per listing/for a 3 month period
Contact Shirley at (207) 839-3064 for more information
List your Career Opportunity HERE!
|9/1/2017||Manufacturing Supervisors, Second Shift|
Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for efficiently overseeing and
maintaining operations in a manufacturing environment. In this role you are responsible for
maintaining a safe work environment. Trains, coaches and mentors employees towards developing their skills
and providing them with the tools they require to succeed. Responsible for making suggestions and
recommendations regarding staffing, operational issues, and other
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Education, Experience & Skills:
We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods this summer!
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, multi-serve family meal entrees, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, and Family Buffet trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores, restaurant chains, hotels, colleges and delis.
|8/17/2017||Food Safety & Quality Coordinator|
About Sir Kensington’s:
At Sir Kensington’s we have an appreciation for the exceptional role that food plays in all our lives. Eight years ago, we realized that while food in America was evolving, condiments had been left behind. For food, there’s no greater complement than a great condiment. Whether it’s ketchup and mayonnaise, or the burger they complete, our purpose is to make food better.
• Assess risk and qualify all Sir Kensington's formula R&D and Innovation projects from a food safety and quality perspective.
• Own and maintain Quality relationships with all Sir Kensington’s Stakeholders including Co-packers, suppliers, and others.
• Act as Sir Kensington's project lead for all food safety projects including shelf life testing, challenge and spoilage studies, and FDA compliance.
• Manage all Sir Kensington’s R&D documentation including product Spec Sheets, HAACP plans and other relevant documents.
• Review inbound COA's and approve products batch to batch.
• Assist Product team with ingredient sourcing, kitchen prep and hands on R&D.
• Work directly with the R&D team on the development and formulation of new products.
• Working knowledge in Microbiology, ideally with - Dressing, Condiments, Acidified or related Food Technologies.
• Formal HACCP and FSMA Training.
• Added bonus: Product Development experience
Our Mission and Values
To bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
Our work is teamwork. We foster a supportive environment where our team works with a sense of purpose, potential, and play.
We take pride in our work, delivering on our own sense of potential at every opportunity. Our workmanship is evidence of who we are.
Our products are the most tangible manifestation of our work. They are a reflection of our unique philosophy and distinguished by what we call “Kensington Quality.”
“Character” is our combination of integrity and charm (as well as the dandy character of Sir Kensington himself).
We move quickly, but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
|8/14/2017||Manufacturing Mechanics (second and third shift)|
Our Manufacturing team is looking for two dynamic Mechanics to work at our York, Maine facility. The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing process equipment are maintained, repaired and updated as needed for efficient, cost-effective, safe manufacturing environment and meet regulatory requirements. Applicants must have the following: 5+ years’ experience in maintenance/repair of manufacturing equipment; strong mechanical aptitude; ability to communicate effectively; strong time management skills and ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and stand several hours at a time; and have a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will have a 4th Class Stationary Steam Engineer’s license, but is not mandatory. Apply to email@example.com
|7/19/2017||R&D Food Technologist|
Concord Foods, Inc. is well known in the food industry as a supplier to leading retailers, branded confectionery manufacturers and food service chains. The Oringer Division specifically services the confectionery, ice cream/dairy, bakery and food service sectors. The company has four divisions, with a common purpose and commitment to providing superior levels of quality, product innovation and excellent service to customers. Due to our continued growth, we are creating a new position within our R&D team.
We are seeking an experienced product developer with a successful history of developing and commercializing new products. This newly created position will focus on the development of confectionary fillings, syrups/sauces, and ice cream variegates and bases.
Primary purpose: to develop and successfully commercialize new food products that meet the restrictions and requirements supplied in a project brief while meeting food safety, financial and sensorial requirements of the customer.
Support Sales initiatives to drive revenue. Formulate and prepare benchtop/ pilot samples per customers’ project briefs, specified restrictions, and within time allotments
Develop predictive analytical testing methods to ensure successful new product transitions to manufacturing
Lead new product trials with support from Quality, Engineering, and Operations
Leverage problem solving and critical thinking skills to overcome development obstacles, find solutions, and resolve issues with commercialization
Perform physical and chemical testing of customer prototypes including, moisture, water activity, pH, viscosity, and microscopy
Develop specifications for prototype samples
Conduct storage studies to validate new product shelf life
Maintain internal documentation and records per internal requirements
Source new ingredients/flavors/etc. as needed. Evaluate performance, record results, and approve raw material documentation
Assist in productivity driven projects
BS or MS in Food Science or Chemistry
4+ years of product development experience within a food manufacturing environment, preference for confectionary and syrup/sauce background
Detailed understanding of ingredient functionality including stabilizer, protein, and fat interactions.
Ability to self manage projects including excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the company
Adaptability, creativity, and team work!MS Office proficiency
Apply to Nancy Taylor, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
|6/10/2017||Warehouse/Logistics Intern Summer 2017|
Are you seeking a Supply Chain or Logistics Internship that will provide you with the opportunity to lead projects in an open, dynamic environment? Do you want to be empowered to improve or create methods/processes while working closely with our Leadership Team? If yes, then Stonyfield has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics student to gain invaluable experience as an intern in our Londonderry NH plant.
Our intern will have the opportunity to assist in Warehouse and Supply Chain challenges with intent of improving productivity, warehouse layout and logistics. Projects may include:
1) Warehouse Organization & Layout
a) Analyze current status of the warehouse, existing gaps, and desired improvements
b) Provide suggestions and opportunities to improve organization, reduce redundancies
c) Design potential new layout formations
2) Saturation and Capacity Analysis
a) Analyze current saturation and capacity of the warehouse
b) Work with the Supply Chain team to develop project plans on improvements
more efficient logistics and flow of product & materials
|5/11/2017||Quality Assurance Manager|
The Quality Assurance Manager’s responsibility is to assure that all quality testing and recording tasks are performed according to the strict standards set forth by the Director of Quality and our customers. Candidate must have working knowledge of quality and food safety aspects, QA equipment, techniques, and procedures in order to ensure that all products released for shipment meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
• Manage two BRC certified facility’s daily quality activities
• Oversee and ensure all production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately and completely
• Supervise Quality Technicians to ensure maximum plant efficiencies and high standards of safety, quality and production are met in a 5 day / 24 hr operation
• Provide a strong presence on the manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support operations
• Assist and train lab and operation employees on all aspects of Quality and Food Safety
• Oversee lab duties such as record keeping, documentation, and data collection, as required
• Manage the On-Hold program according to company and customer policies and procedures
• Manage training sessions and assist in the training of assigned employees in order to foster a safe, efficient work environment
• Manage the investigation of customer complaints and support the response to customer complaints in a timely manner
• Prepare and manage the documentation necessary for customer audits
• Update documentation as needed
• 2-3 years professional experience in a quality supervisory or management role in a GFSI facility
• 4 Year College degree. Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or another relevant scientific field preferred
• Experience in managing quality technicians and/or direct reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills including computer and data entry skills.
• Strong leadership skills; able to teach by example
• Excellent inter-personal skills - works well with fellow employees, departments and management
Apply to email@example.com
|4/21/2017||Quality Assurance Assistant|
This position provides general Quality Assurance support for the company in all relevant areas. Specifically, this position will assist the Quality Assurance team in providing quality management support at all production facilities and co-packers, as well as assisting other relevant areas such as regulatory and inspection.
• Conduct detailed examination of raw materials, ingredients, packaging, and finished goods, and maintain records of examinations.
• Ensure specification compliance with Gorton’s and government regulations.
• Participate on Quality Audit teams to ensure compliance for Food Safety, Quality, and GMP’s at internal, co-packer, and supplier facilities.
• Assist with specification management, product hold resolution, consumer complaint investigation, GFSI compliance, traceability programs, and other quality systems, as required.
• Undertake special assignments as directed by the QA Manager – Product Quality & Food Safety.
• Assist with production facility inspections and audits.
• Assist with regulatory interactions, including FDA and USDC visits.
• BS in a scientific field, preferably in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or Biology. HACCP certification a plus.
• Solid quantitative skills, with aptitude for technology and science.
• Comfortable in manufacturing environment with mechanical aptitude.
• Accuracy in work and ability to perform accurate record keeping.
• Ability to communicate well, both orally and written.
• Ability to take direction and work independently with minimum supervision.
• Flexibility in schedule and available for limited travel (25%).
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work well on teams.
• Willingness to taste fish and shellfish prototypes, and ability to discriminate flavor.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization.
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Interested candidates should visit www.gortons.com to apply.
|2/15/2017||Sales Account Manager- Northeast|
Account Manger, Ingredient Solutions-Northeast Position
Location: Home office - Northeast Region Business Unit: US Ingredient Solutions
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible to develop maximum sales volume and margins through detailed planned sales coverage at existing and prospective accounts within the Northeast US region so that sales and profit objectives of the Ingredient Solutions plan are met. The Account Manager will call on small, medium and large sized accounts with some key strategic customers and distributors.
•Strategic Account Management - Develops strategic account plans to create long term value for customers. Prepares strategic account plans including account strategies, defined objectives, milestones and specific opportunities. Establishes strategic relationships with key accounts to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create competitive advantage for the customer. Mobilizes internal resources to serve the customer. Work closely with Distributors to sell our ingredients and solutions to their customer base.
•Sales Strategy Development - Work with management to develop a business plan, accurate sales, demand forecast and sales strategy. Utilize technical understanding of food ingredients to introduce value selling or value price concepts.
•Financial & Budget Responsibilities - Develop and achieve budget and control expenses for sales territory.
•Reporting – Maintains accurate records of all sales activity, including customer call reports, territory sales analysis, quarterly updates, and salesforce.com data, etc.
•Product and Application Development - Advises and works with customer to create innovative solutions. Advises customers and internal stakeholders using deep knowledge of Ingredion products. Designs trial plan utilizing the breadth of technical resources available to create innovation solutions.
•Market Analysis - Conduct market analysis of customers, understanding market trends and competitive pricing.
•Customer Value Creation - Creates solutions based on implicit customer needs. Applies deep understanding of customer strategy and an understanding of explicit and implicit customer needs to create value. Quantifies and articulates the current and potential value created for the customer. Identify opportunities to solve customer problems with existing products or new requirements.
•Contract Negotiations – Negotiate annual contracts with customers and manage the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts. Manage resale credits for distributors with accuracy. Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFPs.
•Customer Relations - Continually reinforces value proposition with the customer. Manage resale credits for Distributors with accuracy. Constructs and delivers persuasive sales presentations to diverse audiences. Handles audience questions while continually reinforcing key elements of the value proposition.
•Communication - Develop and maintain effective channels of communication with the field sales group in order to better communicate all issues related to pricing, market trends, sales initiatives, technical requirements, new product development applications and overall market direction. Understand the competitive landscape, monitor competitive developments and activities of competitors in the marketplace. Maintain communication with customer service and credit to assure both customer needs and contract obligations are being met. Communicate with demand planning team for timely and accurate forecasting. Effectively communicate this information to management and sales team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food Science, Chemical Engineering).
•3 to 10 years of direct sales or technical sales experience with focus in the food and beverage industry.
•Proven track record managing and penetrating accounts at multiple touch points and delivering results; preferably in the food industry.
•Demonstrated ability to organize a sales operating strategy which permits the identification of business opportunities and variables effecting the customer and market.
•Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
•Knowledgeable in financial dealings with customer accounts.
•Motivated, self-starting professional with excellent communication skills both written and oral. Skilled at preparing and delivering both technical and business presentations.
•Demonstrated ability to engage in functional problem solving conversations with customers and internal stakeholders regarding issues and the opportunities.
•Technical background or technical sales a plus. Proven track record of grasping technical data and utilizing to close business.
•Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com or other CRM experience a strong plus.
•Strong organizational and time management skills.
•Proven negotiation skills.
career opportunities | executive board | corporate members | news | upcoming events | join us | food industry expo | home
© NEIFT 2003-2006