The R&D Manager will be responsible of all phases of product development. Our brand delivers high quality, better-for-you, convenient frozen seafood entrees in the frozen isle in Grocers around the country. As a high growth company, we must remain the leaders of innovation for frozen seafood entrees.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all stages of product development, from ideation to manufacturing
• Must understand and work within constraints of mass food production
• Must work on tight deadlines, speed to shelf very important
• Must think different. Our approach to the frozen isle is a bit different – our current and new items must reflect that.
• Meticulously record all tests and all pertinent analytical information
• Monitor and research culinary trends, manufacturing processes, and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring new ideas to the team
• Ensure that nutrition guard rails and other criteria are maintained in the development process
• Calculate costing of ingredients such that products are developed within targeted cost range
• Must be able to improve quality, taste, and cost on current items
• Lead and participate in product tasting and plant trials of new products
• Package labeling conforming to FDA requirements
• Run sensory/consumer panels as needed
• Assist in the production of product samples for internal and external requests
• Manage individual project timelines and deliverables, and support wider project direction and deadlines
• Perform other administrative or project tasks as needed
• Must work full time at our headquarters in Auburn, ME.
• B.S. degree in Food Science or Culinary Arts
• R&D experience for food CPG
• Microsoft Office competency
• Well developed interpersonal/communication skills
• Occasional travel to manufacturing facilities
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Must have a passion for food and an affinity for Seafood
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gorton’s has a Research and Development Assistant position available in our R&D Department located at our Gloucester, Massachusetts headquarters. Gorton’s has been a leader in frozen seafood since 1849, and is committed to expanding and strengthening its leadership in the frozen food category through innovation and new product development.
This position supports development of frozen seafood products by assisting in all stages of the product development process at Gorton’s. This includes working at the lab bench and in production facilities. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in the culinary kitchen and analytical laboratory, as well as around large industrial, food processing equipment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare product prototypes for evaluation using basic culinary skills
- Support and coordinate production facility trials
- Develop cooking instructions and perform sensory evaluation of products
- Conduct and summarize storage study test evaluations using trend analysis
- Prepare products for external and internal customer reviews
- Attend sales calls and prepare products
- Assemble and ship products to external labs and customers
- Manage ingredient inventories and maintain clean environment of lab
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or Culinary Arts
- Passion for cooking and testing new recipes
- Ability to conduct basic analytic tests on food with training
- Solid quantitative skills, with aptitude for technology and science
- Willingness to taste fish and shellfish prototypes (no allergies)
- Competence with Microsoft Office software
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to travel and be flexible in work hours
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit their resume with cover letter by visiting the careers section of the Gorton’s website: http://gortons.com/careers
The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program in accordance with GFSI food safety/security standards, FDA and State regulations and requirements.
1. Responsible for inspection of incoming raw ingredients and materials to determine acceptability based on approved company specifications and HACCP/Preventative Controls Program.
2. Conduct daily operational inspections ensuring compliance with company procedures, GFSI, CCP’s, PRP’s, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s and regulatory requirements. Conduct and report environmental and sanitation validations. Record data and maintain QA compliance records.
3. Responsible for evaluation and testing of intermediate processes and final product compliance results with documentation and communication of all finish product release dispositions and raw ingredient quality decisions during production preparation and production batching. Maintain calibration of QA, R & D and Production equipment.
4. Conduct and promote food safety compliance and education to manufacturing and other operational departments.
5. Participate and assist in verification audits, Process Improvements and Corrective Actions.
6. Assist Quality Supervisor in implementation of the HACCP/Preventive Controls and monitoring for compliance.
7. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week or adjust hours periodically as business needs require.
1. Minimum of 2-year degree in food technology, culinary, food processing, food manufacturing, quality or equivalent certification of experience. Experience preferred in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment with knowledge of FDA, 3rd party and State regulations and requirements.
2. Computer and analytical skills. Written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
3. The ability to embrace change, work in a team environment and can-do attitude a must.
4. Must be able to work independently.
Apply through email@example.com
The R&D Bakery Technician provides support to the R&D Director in the development and implementation of new products and formula revisions, including cost reductions, from concept to commercialization including all relevant support documents.
Key R&D Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development of new products and reformulations from bench to production startup.
2. Responsible for the preparation of customer samples from bench to shipping.
3. Preparation and baking of development samples.
4. Maintain lab inventory of all necessary ingredients and ingredient samples including customer retains
5. Assist in the sourcing of new or alternate ingredients.
5. Maintain clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions in the R&D Lab.
6. Follow all company policies and procedures with regard to Safe, Quality Food Manufacturing methods and standards.
7. Assist on other projects as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. Proactivity, persistency, attention to detail, strong record keeping skills, and flexibility are a must.
2. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
3. Good math skills are essential. Must have strong problem solving capabilities.
4. Proficient in Excel and Word. Knowledge of SAP and Genesis Nutrition software programs are a strong positive.
5. Some college in Food Science or related area is a strong positive .
6. Experience baking in a professional capacity is a strong positive.
7. Strong record keeping skill with attention to detail.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master Production Planner is responsible for using available planning systems to convert sales forecasts and customer orders into achievable finished goods production schedules to deliver inventory, service level, and efficiency targets. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining production metrics, raw material forecasts, production-oriented master data, and item documentation. Works closely with Manufacturing Management, Warehouse, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, and QA.
1. Prepare, communicate, and maintain:
a. Annual production, inventory, and capacity plans
b. Monthly master production schedules and capacity plans
c. Weekly finite production schedules and resource plans
d. Daily production orders
2. Incorporate business requirements into production plans including:
a. Food safety and compliance requirements
b. Capacity and sequencing constraints
c. Lead time
d. Production efficiency
f. New product launches
3. Develop and maintain forecasts for raw materials and packaging components based on the MPS
4. Work with Manufacturing Management to develop and implement production metrics, standards of performance, systems and procedures relating to production efficiencies.
5. Participate in weekly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings by providing critical reports, information, escalations, or trade-offs for discussion
6. Work with R&D to develop new and existing product cost analyses for executive review
7. Oversee the bill of material formulation and production item documentation function to ensure accurate BOM, item master setup, and planning parameters.
8. Assist IS in the development & implementation of Material Planning processes in Navision, including recommendations for on-going modifications/improvements to ensure effectiveness of the system.
1. Champion on-going cross-functional communication to ensure proper flow of information
2. Propose and implement continuous improvements in planning systems and processes
3. Follow all company safety policies and procedures, including food safety.
4. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week as business needs require
5. Perform other job duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills
1. BA in business, industrial management or materials; APICS CPIM certification preferred; MBA a plus
2. 5-7 years progressive experience in manufacturing planning/inventory management, experience in MRP systems, and cost reduction methodologies
3. Strong communication, negotiation, presentation, anticipation, and interpersonal skills
4. Must be proficient with ERP systems, spreadsheets, analysis, and reporting; advanced Excel skills preferred
5. Must be organized and able to set/deliver leadership priorities in various stages of development
Apply to HR2@stonewallkitchen.com