The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program in accordance with GFSI food safety/security standards, FDA and State regulations and requirements.
1. Responsible for inspection of incoming raw ingredients and materials to determine acceptability based on approved company specifications and HACCP/Preventative Controls Program.
2. Conduct daily operational inspections ensuring compliance with company procedures, GFSI, CCP’s, PRP’s, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s and regulatory requirements. Conduct and report environmental and sanitation validations. Record data and maintain QA compliance records.
3. Responsible for evaluation and testing of intermediate processes and final product compliance results with documentation and communication of all finish product release dispositions and raw ingredient quality decisions during production preparation and production batching. Maintain calibration of QA, R & D and Production equipment.
4. Conduct and promote food safety compliance and education to manufacturing and other operational departments.
5. Participate and assist in verification audits, Process Improvements and Corrective Actions.
6. Assist Quality Supervisor in implementation of the HACCP/Preventive Controls and monitoring for compliance.
7. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week or adjust hours periodically as business needs require.
1. Minimum of 2-year degree in food technology, culinary, food processing, food manufacturing, quality or equivalent certification of experience. Experience preferred in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment with knowledge of FDA, 3rd party and State regulations and requirements.
2. Computer and analytical skills. Written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
3. The ability to embrace change, work in a team environment and can-do attitude a must.
4. Must be able to work independently.
Apply through email@example.com
The R&D Bakery Technician provides support to the R&D Director in the development and implementation of new products and formula revisions, including cost reductions, from concept to commercialization including all relevant support documents.
Key R&D Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development of new products and reformulations from bench to production startup.
2. Responsible for the preparation of customer samples from bench to shipping.
3. Preparation and baking of development samples.
4. Maintain lab inventory of all necessary ingredients and ingredient samples including customer retains
5. Assist in the sourcing of new or alternate ingredients.
5. Maintain clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions in the R&D Lab.
6. Follow all company policies and procedures with regard to Safe, Quality Food Manufacturing methods and standards.
7. Assist on other projects as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. Proactivity, persistency, attention to detail, strong record keeping skills, and flexibility are a must.
2. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
3. Good math skills are essential. Must have strong problem solving capabilities.
4. Proficient in Excel and Word. Knowledge of SAP and Genesis Nutrition software programs are a strong positive.
5. Some college in Food Science or related area is a strong positive .
6. Experience baking in a professional capacity is a strong positive.
7. Strong record keeping skill with attention to detail.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description Responsibilities are to assure all quality testing and recording tasked are performed according to strict standards set forth internally and by our customers. Must have working knowledge of all quality and food safety aspects. Must ensure all incoming raw materials and finished products released for shipment meet or exceed our customers expectations.
Oversee and ensure all incoming raw material and production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately and completely.
Supervise to ensure maximum plant efficiencies and high standards of safety, quality and production are met during all operations.
Provide a strong presence in the receiving area and the manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support operations and raw material receiving and inventory.
Assist and train employees on all aspects of quality and food safety.
Oversee lab duties such as record keeping, documentation, and data collection as required.
Manage training sessions and assist in the training of assigned employees to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
2-3 years professional experience in a quality supervisory or management role in a SQF, HACCP and GFSI facility.
Strong oral and written communication skills including computer and data entry skills.
Strong leadership skills, ability to teach and lead by example.
Excellent inter-personal skills. Work well in a face paced environment with fellow employees, departments and management.
Apply to email@example.com
The Master Production Planner is responsible for using available planning systems to convert sales forecasts and customer orders into achievable finished goods production schedules to deliver inventory, service level, and efficiency targets. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining production metrics, raw material forecasts, production-oriented master data, and item documentation. Works closely with Manufacturing Management, Warehouse, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, and QA.
1. Prepare, communicate, and maintain:
a. Annual production, inventory, and capacity plans
b. Monthly master production schedules and capacity plans
c. Weekly finite production schedules and resource plans
d. Daily production orders
2. Incorporate business requirements into production plans including:
a. Food safety and compliance requirements
b. Capacity and sequencing constraints
c. Lead time
d. Production efficiency
f. New product launches
3. Develop and maintain forecasts for raw materials and packaging components based on the MPS
4. Work with Manufacturing Management to develop and implement production metrics, standards of performance, systems and procedures relating to production efficiencies.
5. Participate in weekly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings by providing critical reports, information, escalations, or trade-offs for discussion
6. Work with R&D to develop new and existing product cost analyses for executive review
7. Oversee the bill of material formulation and production item documentation function to ensure accurate BOM, item master setup, and planning parameters.
8. Assist IS in the development & implementation of Material Planning processes in Navision, including recommendations for on-going modifications/improvements to ensure effectiveness of the system.
1. Champion on-going cross-functional communication to ensure proper flow of information
2. Propose and implement continuous improvements in planning systems and processes
3. Follow all company safety policies and procedures, including food safety.
4. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week as business needs require
5. Perform other job duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills
1. BA in business, industrial management or materials; APICS CPIM certification preferred; MBA a plus
2. 5-7 years progressive experience in manufacturing planning/inventory management, experience in MRP systems, and cost reduction methodologies
3. Strong communication, negotiation, presentation, anticipation, and interpersonal skills
4. Must be proficient with ERP systems, spreadsheets, analysis, and reporting; advanced Excel skills preferred
5. Must be organized and able to set/deliver leadership priorities in various stages of development
Apply to HR2@stonewallkitchen.com