in the Northeast US area are available to NEIFT Corporate members at no charge.
Non-Corporate members will be charged a nominal fee of $30 per listing/for a 3 month period
Contact Shirley at (207) 839-3064 for more information
List your Career Opportunity HERE!
|11/17/2017||QUALITY CONTROL/ASSURANCE MANAGER|
Responsibilities are to assure all quality testing and recording tasked are performed according to strict standards set forth internally and by our customers. Must have working knowledge of all quality and food safety aspects. Must ensure all incoming raw materials and finished products released for shipment meet or exceed our customers expectations.
Oversee and ensure all incoming raw material and
production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately
Supervise to ensure maximum plant efficiencies and high
standards of safety, quality and production are met during all operations.
Provide a strong presence in the receiving area and the
manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support
operations and raw material receiving and inventory.
Assist and train employees on all aspects of quality and
Oversee lab duties such as record keeping, documentation,
and data collection as required.
Manage training sessions and assist in the training of assigned employees to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
Experience: 2-3 years professional experience in a quality supervisory or management role in a HACCP or GFSI facility.
Strong leadership skills, ability to teach and lead by
Excellent inter-personal skills. Work well in a face paced environment with fellow employees, departments and management.
Email Address: email@example.com
|MA|| Position Description: Must be able to lead in a fast paced environment.
Plan, organize, schedule and manage activities of plant and production of product.
Develop and implement appropriate plant polices and procedures, modify and correct as needed.
Support the implementation and execution of quality system and control programs.
Work closely with all functions to ensure total compliance to all quality policies and procedures.
Support, train, review, coach and manage staff.
Responsible for food safety and quality of product produced and packaged on a daily basis.
Coordinate the completion of 3rd party food safety audits.
Significant experience in a food production environment.
Food safety quality system experience
Knowledgeable of GMP’s, sanitation, SOP’s, Allergen Control, FSMA & HACCP.
Good understanding of the science behind process control, chemistry, machinery/processing, production and equipment functioning.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5+ years of related supervisory experience required. Food background with experience in food quality assurance and plant management.
Excellent inter-personal skills.
Work well in a face paced environment with fellow employees, departments and management.
Apply to: Annie Yan
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 508-583-2995
|11/17/2017||Senior Food Technologist|
Concord Foods, LLC is well known in the food industry as a supplier to leading retailers, branded confectionery manufacturers and food service chains. The Oringer Division specifically services the confectionery, ice cream/dairy, bakery and food service sectors. The company has four divisions, with a common purpose and commitment to providing superior levels of quality, product innovation and excellent service to customers.
We are seeking an experienced product developer with a successful history of developing and commercializing new products. This position will focus on the development of confectionary fillings, syrups/sauces, and ice cream variegates and bases.
Primary purpose: to develop and successfully commercialize new food products that meet the restrictions and requirements supplied in a project brief while meeting food safety, financial and sensorial requirements of the customer.
Support Sales initiatives to drive revenue. Formulate and prepare benchtop/ pilot samples per customers’ project briefs, specified restrictions, and within time allotments
Develop predictive analytical testing methods to ensure successful new product transitions to manufacturing
Lead new product trials with support from Quality, Engineering, and Operations
Leverage problem solving and critical thinking skills to overcome development obstacles, find solutions, and resolve issues with commercialization
Perform physical and chemical testing of customer prototypes including, moisture, water activity, pH, viscosity, and microscopy
Develop specifications for prototype samples
Conduct storage studies to validate new product shelf life
Maintain internal documentation and records per internal requirements
Source new ingredients/flavors/etc. as needed. Evaluate performance, record results, and approve raw material documentation
Assist in productivity driven projects
BS or MS in Food Science or Chemistry
4+ years of product development experience within a food manufacturing environment, preference for confectionary and syrup/sauce background
Detailed understanding of ingredient functionality including stabilizer, protein, and fat interactions.
Ability to self manage projects including excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the company
Adaptability, creativity, and team work!
MS Office proficiency
Concord Foods is conveniently located off Rte 24 (Brockton/Easton line). We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screen.
Please forward resume with salary requirements to:
Nancy Taylor email@example.com
Director of Human Resources
|11/2/2017||Food Scientist, Ice Cream|
As a team member of the largest dairy company in the U.S. ($9B), this role will focus on Branded Ice Cream product development within Dean Foods and will be responsible for developing new (and improving existing) products, in support of business objectives. This role will also provide robust food science technical oversight to advance projects that deliver against business plans of our great brands such as TruMoo, Mayfield Ice Cream, Country Fresh Ice Cream, and Friendly’s Ice Cream products among others in the ice cream, frozen dairy and non-dairy dessert categories as well as private label products.
•Leading work across all business functions to positively yield results, and leading multiple project launches simultaneously.
•Identifying, implementing, formulating and executing cost savings and innovation opportunities independently within a cross functional team.
•Assessing technical feasibility and providing direction on formulations.
•Coordinating and conducting production line trials of new or modified foods.
•Developing and maintaining component specifications.
•Preparing test plans, technical reports and documentation for the technical community.
•Providing direction to various suppliers for new or modified food developments.
•Working across all functions, including Purchasing, Operations, Engineering and Marketing to support project launches.
•5+ years of experience in product development, formulation and commercialization within an R&D environment.
•Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, or science based degree (Master’s preferred).
•Expert knowledge of dairy processing equipment and ingredient interaction.
•Expert knowledge of product formulation.
•Expertise, hands-on and theoretical, with experience in the following areas:◦Dairy Processing ◦Fermentation ◦Design of Experiment ◦Hydrocolloids & Stabilizers ◦Statistics ◦Food Safety ◦Proteins ◦Nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners ◦Qualification Methods & Practices ◦Food Regulations ◦Quality Control & Sampling knowledge and practice ◦Co-Packer development and commercializing exposure
•Strategic and tactical decision-making ability using sound scientific principles and data analytics.
•Capability in directing suppliers through design, development/improvement to commercialization projects.
•Extensive experience in conceptually designing food formulations, utilizing consumer insight and technical knowledge.
•Proven ability, demonstrated by years of experience and achievements, leading multiple projects in cross-functional environment with minimal direction from a supervisor or manager.
•Proven ability, demonstrated by years of experience and achievements, to build technical competencies across multiple food platforms with minimal direction from a supervisor or manager.
•Proactive contributor and effective communicator within R&D and project teams.
•Proven technical expertise with competent business awareness.
•Energetic and motivated.•Ability and willingness to travel +35% consistently throughout various locations in the domestic US.
|10/29/2017||Associate Food Scientist|
The Associate Food Scientist supports the R&D Director and assists in product development and production scale up while supporting the daily execution of R&D related lab activities. Desired candidate will be developing product recipes, evaluating ingredients and food products and performing sensory evaluation to ensure products meet stakeholder requirements. Desired candidate will interact with cross-functional team members to provide support on projects and ensure effective resolution of any product technical issues. Salary is competitive and based on experience.
1. Ability to perform bench and lab related work activities that support the formulation and development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvement.
2. Ability to support the scale up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process.
3. Maintain accurate and complete records of project work.
4. Helps to identify raw materials that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards.
5. Ability to interact and provide technical support to customers, external partners, or other parties.
6. Maintains laboratory, including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas.
1. Bachelor’s degree in food science, engineering, or related field of science from an accredited college or university.
2. 0-3 years of relevant work experience, with a basic understanding of food chemistry, food quality and safety, and food regulations.
3. Working knowledge of powdered beverages, sweeteners, flavors, and other powdered ingredients helpful, but not required.
4. Ability to formulate recipes and write specifications with minimal guidance.
1. Self-motivator with a strong passion for science and creative problem solving.
2. Ability to support multiple projects simultaneous while adhering to deadlines
3. Strong time management skills
4. Effective written and verbal communication
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Proficient in basic computer programs including Microsoft Office programs.
1. Relocation assistance
will not be provided
|10/5/2017||Plant Quality Assurance Manager|
This position works in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Systems and & Program Manager to plan, organize, schedule and manage the activities of the Quality Assurance Department. Develops and implements appropriate plant policies and procedures and modifies as needed. Ensure the execution of Total Plant Quality.
· Drive Process Improvements in the processing areas.
· Work closely with all functions to ensure compliance to all quality policies and procedures.
· Participate in all QA meetings and new product activities with operations as required.
· Generate Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) for products manufactured in the plant.
· Leader for all Food Safety related issues including acting as the facility’s Allergen Coordinator (generate allergen reports and answer allergen questions). Help to drive overall efforts to a more Quality Assurance model vs. strictly a control model.
· Support, train, review, coach and manage staff. Help staff be more “quality coaches” vs. “quality cops”. Stressing the need for Teamwork across the enterprise.
· Responsible for food safety and quality of the product produced or packaged on a daily basis.
· Initiate corrective action by reporting any food safety or quality problems/issues to supervisor or designee.
· Coordinates the completion of 3rd party food safety audits, in conjunction with the QA Systems & Program Manager
· Supports R&D Department in developing new products.
· Assists management in developing short and long-term goals and plans for the Quality Assurance Department. Provides suggestions and recommendations.
|9/27/2017||Quality Assurance Manager|
The QA/QC Manager is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program. This will ensure Little Big Farm Foods consistently and accurately produces safe, quality products according to Little Big Farm Foods company standards (FDA/State) and its SQF Manufacturing Methods.
1. Monitoring incoming shipments of raw materials, packaging and product to ensure compliance
2. Monitor outgoing shipments of finished goods to ensure compliance
3. Communicate quality compliance while providing feedback and necessary follow up to ensure proper corrective actions are completed
4. Elevating current quality programs
5. Lead and maintain the SQF Certification Program
6. Lead, monitor and revise HACCP and Quality plans
7. Monitor and revise all SOP’s as the process and/or regulations change
8. Prepare necessary reports and provide regular feedback to keep management fully informed
9. Record data and maintain the integrity of quality records
10. Train plant personnel with regard to FSMA and SQF Food Safety and Quality programs and procedures
11. Developing finished product specifications
12. Assist in writing specifications manuals, SOP’s and training materials
13. Assist on process improvements
14. Manage and support the Sanitation Department
15. New hire orientation and paperwork
16. Maintain Kosher documents and Annual certification
17. Assist with inspections (Kosher, SQF, FDA and customer visits)
18. Assist with Customer document requirements (GORP, Repositrak, etc.)
19. Order supplies related to the QA/Sanitation Department
20. Learn and follow all company policies and procedures with regard to OSHA Safety Standards, Safe, Quality Food Manufacturing Methods and Standards
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a science discipline, or 1-2 years’ experience in food manufacturing
3. Process oriented with strong troubleshooting, and analytical skills
4. Communicate and work effectively with all levels of operations
5. Work independently and start projects by own initiative and follow them through completion
computers (Microsoft Office Suite) skills
|9/1/2017||Manufacturing Supervisors, Second Shift|
Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for efficiently overseeing and
maintaining operations in a manufacturing environment. In this role you are responsible for
maintaining a safe work environment. Trains, coaches and mentors employees towards developing their skills
and providing them with the tools they require to succeed. Responsible for making suggestions and
recommendations regarding staffing, operational issues, and other
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Education, Experience & Skills:
We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods this summer!
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, multi-serve family meal entrees, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, and Family Buffet trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores, restaurant chains, hotels, colleges and delis.
|8/17/2017||Food Safety & Quality Coordinator|
About Sir Kensington’s:
At Sir Kensington’s we have an appreciation for the exceptional role that food plays in all our lives. Eight years ago, we realized that while food in America was evolving, condiments had been left behind. For food, there’s no greater complement than a great condiment. Whether it’s ketchup and mayonnaise, or the burger they complete, our purpose is to make food better.
• Assess risk and qualify all Sir Kensington's formula R&D and Innovation projects from a food safety and quality perspective.
• Own and maintain Quality relationships with all Sir Kensington’s Stakeholders including Co-packers, suppliers, and others.
• Act as Sir Kensington's project lead for all food safety projects including shelf life testing, challenge and spoilage studies, and FDA compliance.
• Manage all Sir Kensington’s R&D documentation including product Spec Sheets, HAACP plans and other relevant documents.
• Review inbound COA's and approve products batch to batch.
• Assist Product team with ingredient sourcing, kitchen prep and hands on R&D.
• Work directly with the R&D team on the development and formulation of new products.
• Working knowledge in Microbiology, ideally with - Dressing, Condiments, Acidified or related Food Technologies.
• Formal HACCP and FSMA Training.
• Added bonus: Product Development experience
Our Mission and Values
To bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
Our work is teamwork. We foster a supportive environment where our team works with a sense of purpose, potential, and play.
We take pride in our work, delivering on our own sense of potential at every opportunity. Our workmanship is evidence of who we are.
Our products are the most tangible manifestation of our work. They are a reflection of our unique philosophy and distinguished by what we call “Kensington Quality.”
“Character” is our combination of integrity and charm (as well as the dandy character of Sir Kensington himself).
We move quickly, but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
|8/14/2017||Manufacturing Mechanics (second and third shift)|
Our Manufacturing team is looking for two dynamic Mechanics to work at our York, Maine facility. The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing process equipment are maintained, repaired and updated as needed for efficient, cost-effective, safe manufacturing environment and meet regulatory requirements. Applicants must have the following: 5+ years’ experience in maintenance/repair of manufacturing equipment; strong mechanical aptitude; ability to communicate effectively; strong time management skills and ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and stand several hours at a time; and have a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will have a 4th Class Stationary Steam Engineer’s license, but is not mandatory. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
|6/10/2017||Warehouse/Logistics Intern Summer 2017|
Are you seeking a Supply Chain or Logistics Internship that will provide you with the opportunity to lead projects in an open, dynamic environment? Do you want to be empowered to improve or create methods/processes while working closely with our Leadership Team? If yes, then Stonyfield has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics student to gain invaluable experience as an intern in our Londonderry NH plant.
Our intern will have the opportunity to assist in Warehouse and Supply Chain challenges with intent of improving productivity, warehouse layout and logistics. Projects may include:
1) Warehouse Organization & Layout
a) Analyze current status of the warehouse, existing gaps, and desired improvements
b) Provide suggestions and opportunities to improve organization, reduce redundancies
c) Design potential new layout formations
2) Saturation and Capacity Analysis
a) Analyze current saturation and capacity of the warehouse
b) Work with the Supply Chain team to develop project plans on improvements
more efficient logistics and flow of product & materials
|5/11/2017||Quality Assurance Manager|
The Quality Assurance Manager’s responsibility is to assure that all quality testing and recording tasks are performed according to the strict standards set forth by the Director of Quality and our customers. Candidate must have working knowledge of quality and food safety aspects, QA equipment, techniques, and procedures in order to ensure that all products released for shipment meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
• Manage two BRC certified facility’s daily quality activities
• Oversee and ensure all production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately and completely
• Supervise Quality Technicians to ensure maximum plant efficiencies and high standards of safety, quality and production are met in a 5 day / 24 hr operation
• Provide a strong presence on the manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support operations
• Assist and train lab and operation employees on all aspects of Quality and Food Safety
• Oversee lab duties such as record keeping, documentation, and data collection, as required
• Manage the On-Hold program according to company and customer policies and procedures
• Manage training sessions and assist in the training of assigned employees in order to foster a safe, efficient work environment
• Manage the investigation of customer complaints and support the response to customer complaints in a timely manner
• Prepare and manage the documentation necessary for customer audits
• Update documentation as needed
• 2-3 years professional experience in a quality supervisory or management role in a GFSI facility
• 4 Year College degree. Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or another relevant scientific field preferred
• Experience in managing quality technicians and/or direct reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills including computer and data entry skills.
• Strong leadership skills; able to teach by example
• Excellent inter-personal skills - works well with fellow employees, departments and management
Apply to email@example.com
|4/21/2017||Quality Assurance Assistant|
This position provides general Quality Assurance support for the company in all relevant areas. Specifically, this position will assist the Quality Assurance team in providing quality management support at all production facilities and co-packers, as well as assisting other relevant areas such as regulatory and inspection.
• Conduct detailed examination of raw materials, ingredients, packaging, and finished goods, and maintain records of examinations.
• Ensure specification compliance with Gorton’s and government regulations.
• Participate on Quality Audit teams to ensure compliance for Food Safety, Quality, and GMP’s at internal, co-packer, and supplier facilities.
• Assist with specification management, product hold resolution, consumer complaint investigation, GFSI compliance, traceability programs, and other quality systems, as required.
• Undertake special assignments as directed by the QA Manager – Product Quality & Food Safety.
• Assist with production facility inspections and audits.
• Assist with regulatory interactions, including FDA and USDC visits.
• BS in a scientific field, preferably in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or Biology. HACCP certification a plus.
• Solid quantitative skills, with aptitude for technology and science.
• Comfortable in manufacturing environment with mechanical aptitude.
• Accuracy in work and ability to perform accurate record keeping.
• Ability to communicate well, both orally and written.
• Ability to take direction and work independently with minimum supervision.
• Flexibility in schedule and available for limited travel (25%).
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work well on teams.
• Willingness to taste fish and shellfish prototypes, and ability to discriminate flavor.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization.
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Interested candidates should visit www.gortons.com to apply.
|2/15/2017||Sales Account Manager- Northeast|
Account Manger, Ingredient Solutions-Northeast Position
Location: Home office - Northeast Region Business Unit: US Ingredient Solutions
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible to develop maximum sales volume and margins through detailed planned sales coverage at existing and prospective accounts within the Northeast US region so that sales and profit objectives of the Ingredient Solutions plan are met. The Account Manager will call on small, medium and large sized accounts with some key strategic customers and distributors.
•Strategic Account Management - Develops strategic account plans to create long term value for customers. Prepares strategic account plans including account strategies, defined objectives, milestones and specific opportunities. Establishes strategic relationships with key accounts to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create competitive advantage for the customer. Mobilizes internal resources to serve the customer. Work closely with Distributors to sell our ingredients and solutions to their customer base.
•Sales Strategy Development - Work with management to develop a business plan, accurate sales, demand forecast and sales strategy. Utilize technical understanding of food ingredients to introduce value selling or value price concepts.
•Financial & Budget Responsibilities - Develop and achieve budget and control expenses for sales territory.
•Reporting – Maintains accurate records of all sales activity, including customer call reports, territory sales analysis, quarterly updates, and salesforce.com data, etc.
•Product and Application Development - Advises and works with customer to create innovative solutions. Advises customers and internal stakeholders using deep knowledge of Ingredion products. Designs trial plan utilizing the breadth of technical resources available to create innovation solutions.
•Market Analysis - Conduct market analysis of customers, understanding market trends and competitive pricing.
•Customer Value Creation - Creates solutions based on implicit customer needs. Applies deep understanding of customer strategy and an understanding of explicit and implicit customer needs to create value. Quantifies and articulates the current and potential value created for the customer. Identify opportunities to solve customer problems with existing products or new requirements.
•Contract Negotiations – Negotiate annual contracts with customers and manage the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts. Manage resale credits for distributors with accuracy. Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFPs.
•Customer Relations - Continually reinforces value proposition with the customer. Manage resale credits for Distributors with accuracy. Constructs and delivers persuasive sales presentations to diverse audiences. Handles audience questions while continually reinforcing key elements of the value proposition.
•Communication - Develop and maintain effective channels of communication with the field sales group in order to better communicate all issues related to pricing, market trends, sales initiatives, technical requirements, new product development applications and overall market direction. Understand the competitive landscape, monitor competitive developments and activities of competitors in the marketplace. Maintain communication with customer service and credit to assure both customer needs and contract obligations are being met. Communicate with demand planning team for timely and accurate forecasting. Effectively communicate this information to management and sales team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
•Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food Science, Chemical Engineering).
•3 to 10 years of direct sales or technical sales experience with focus in the food and beverage industry.
•Proven track record managing and penetrating accounts at multiple touch points and delivering results; preferably in the food industry.
•Demonstrated ability to organize a sales operating strategy which permits the identification of business opportunities and variables effecting the customer and market.
•Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
•Knowledgeable in financial dealings with customer accounts.
•Motivated, self-starting professional with excellent communication skills both written and oral. Skilled at preparing and delivering both technical and business presentations.
•Demonstrated ability to engage in functional problem solving conversations with customers and internal stakeholders regarding issues and the opportunities.
•Technical background or technical sales a plus. Proven track record of grasping technical data and utilizing to close business.
•Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com or other CRM experience a strong plus.
•Strong organizational and time management skills.
•Proven negotiation skills.
career opportunities | executive board | corporate members | news | upcoming events | join us | food industry expo | home
© NEIFT 2003-2006