Aroma Joe’s is currently seeking a full-time R&D Director to add to their dynamic and growing team in Portland, ME. They are seeking a career and goal-driven professional who is seeking to grow a department. This position is responsible for the R&D Department, including its team members and activities. He/she will develop innovative products for the brand that will lead the market.
• Lead a small, internal team to support the development of Aroma Joe’s products
• Develop testing and approval procedures and processes for the department
• Collaborate with the Operations, Purchasing, and Marketing Departments to ensure smooth rollouts of products
• Oversee departmental budget
• Oversee and prioritize all department projects
• Conduct meetings for the R&D committee to present product concepts and proposals
• Direct and oversee department strategy
• Resolve issues pertaining to the department that may arise from the field
• Collaborate with marketing department to develop a pipeline with innovative to new products to keep and widen Aroma Joe’s competitive advantage
• Analyze trends and market research and utilize that data in the development of new products
• Participate in the execution of testing on equipment and products; implementing a testing procedure and monitoring throughout the duration of the test
• Analyze success of products, including LTOs, to determine future strategy
• Develop optimal packaging design for both consumer and barista facing products
• Foster and maintain relationships with purchasing and vendors
• Travel occasionally as necessary to other locations and tradeshows
• Complete other projects as needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Graduate degree in Food Science and Technology, Chemistry or Biochemistry
• Eight to ten (8-10) years of overall professional R&D experience, preferably with management experience
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Experience in the coffee industry preferred
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Creative and able to think outside the box
Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Please send cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.
Aroma Joe’s is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply to Allison Goodridge
Faculty – Culinary Science and Product Development
Faculty members are responsible for providing students with a rich, relevant and engaging academic experience. The faculty role encompasses teaching, student outcomes assessment, curriculum development, student advising, and university service. Faculty continuously engage in professional development while maintaining current expertise in the applicable content area and developing students through effective and innovative teaching and learning practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge and maintains expertise in the theory, skills, and pedagogy of the applicable discipline or profession
- Uses strategies and skills necessary to support student learning and prepares and delivers current and relevant course material in an understandable and motivating manner
- Continually assesses course objectives and instructional methods to improve teaching and learning
- Uses formative and summative assessments of student learning within assigned courses to inform instruction and improve student attainment of course objectives and program outcomes
- Establishes a student and advisor relationship that provides guidance with regard to program choices and career possibilities and supports student educational growth through guided decision making
- Facilitates development and revision of programs and courses, assuring alignment within the program description and outcomes, course objectives and content, as well as university curriculum standards
- Supports student enrollment and retention by participating in university events, advising student clubs and organizations, and assisting with admissions activities
- Minimum of a master's degree in food science or a related field of study (food chemistry, food processing, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution
- Five or more years of experience working in product development in a consumer products company, an ingredient or food service company or a multi-unit food operation
- Knowledgeable in culinary, either through education (AS Culinary Arts) or work experience
- Knowledge of current food regulations and labeling, food processing, ingredient functionality, and the product development process
- PhD in food science or a related field of study from a regionally accredited institution
- Food Safety Manager’s Certification
- Experience with teaching in higher education or professional training experience
- Experience with curriculum development
For the complete description and to apply, go to: https://jobs.jwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/494619/faculty-culinary-science-and-product-development
Supervise R&D Technicians and R&D Support Specialist in their daily tasks and provide insight and direction on projects and product development.
• Manage projects from conception to realization.
• Ability to thoroughly understand Bake’n Joy (BNJ) products/developments and add value with future research and development.
• Record observations as projects progress; be prepared to review observations with Director.
• Work with Purchasing Department on Vendor Approval and sourcing alternate raw materials.
• Maintain detailed and accurate documentation of all work performed and prepare reports when necessary
• Supply R&D Support Specialist with accurate handling and baking instructions for product identification label.
• Coordinate in-house new product development documentation including QA Specifications, New Product Forms, Changes, Scheduling etc.
• Run product costs in product structure simulation database.
• Oversee lab area and storage areas for cleanliness.
• Serve as a member of the HACCP Committee.
• Work with the SQF Practitioner and become intimately involved in the food safety program.
• In the absence of the QA Manager, be a resource for plant personnel regarding the food safety program.
Apply to Tracey Kootz, email@example.com
Research & Development Associate
Gorton’s has a Research and Development Associate position available in our R&D Department located at our Gloucester, Massachusetts headquarters. Gorton’s has been a leader in frozen seafood since 1849, and is committed to expanding and strengthening its leadership in the frozen food category through innovation and new product development.
This position supports development of frozen seafood products by assisting in all stages of the product development process at Gorton’s. This includes working at the lab bench, in the pilot plant, and in production facilities. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in the culinary kitchen and analytical laboratory, as well as around large industrial, food processing equipment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare product prototypes for evaluation using basic culinary skills
- Coordinate and conduct pilot plant scale-up tests
- Support production facility tests
- Develop cooking instructions and perform sensory evaluation of products
- Conduct and summarize storage study test evaluations using trend analysis
- Prepare products for external and internal customer reviews
- Assemble and ship products to external labs and customers
- Manage ingredient inventories and maintain clean environment of lab
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or Culinary Arts
- Proficiency in cooking and recipe development
- Ability to conduct basic analytic tests on food with training
- Solid quantitative skills, with aptitude for technology and science
- Willingness to taste fish and shellfish prototypes (no allergies)
- Competence with Microsoft Office software
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to travel and be flexible in work hours
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential along with an attractive benefits and compensation package.
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit their resume with cover letter to www.gortons.com/careers
Research and Development Manager
Golden Cannoli Mission: To create mutually beneficial and rewarding relationships with customers, employees, vendors, and the community
Detail of Responsibilities
- Assist Sales Team in fulfilling sample requests
- Seek out methods of improving product consistency
- Seek out methods of reducing product cost where possible
- Improve product labels by eliminating any undesirable ingredients or allergens while maintaining product quality
- Enhance product shelf life and extended eating quality
- New Products:
- Assist Sales Team in fulfilling sample requests
- Provide insight and opinion on new product ideas, including formulation feasibility given the desired product parameters such as: flavor, texture, color, packaging, handling, and shelf life
- Formulate product variations and present results to product development team for feedback and re-formulation until the product is ready for market
- Test product shelf life using internal instruments and external lab analysis
- Assist the product development team in selecting packaging that will be suitable for the desired product performance and shelf life
- Ensure that formulations adhere to any claims, allergen, and pricing constraints established as criteria by the product development team
- Raw Materials Procurement
- Request raw material samples from existing or new suppliers for use in development
- Collect appropriate raw material spec sheets, kosher certification, allergen statements, pricing, etc. required to ensure ingredient specifications meet with established product criteria
- Submit raw materials to FSQA Department for vendor and/or/RM approval process prior to production testing
- Ensure raw materials for testing are properly stored and used in the lab to prevent allergen cross contamination in production areas
- Product Development Team
- As a key member of the product development team, provide input on formulation parameters
- Provide overall management to new product projects
- Provide input on pricing parameters
- Provide input on shelf life parameters
- Provide input on packaging parameters
- Provide input on allergen parameters
- Provide input on the feasibility of desired product claims (natural, kosher, non-GMO, etc.) based on desired product parameters
- Provide product ideas given knowledge of internal company abilities
- Understand and adhere to the established company SQF policies
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the SQF system by being vigilant in seeking out opportunities for improvement and communicating them to the SQF team
• Three or more years’ experience in quality and/or formulation role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
• Knowledge of food plant processes
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent multi-tasking ability
• Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience working in a GFSI audited plant
• Knowledge of formulation processes
• Experience with food production processes
• Bi-lingual: combination of 2 of the following- English, Spanish, Portuguese
Apply to Sheila , firstname.lastname@example.org
||Quality Control Technologist
Description of Position
To ensure safety, quality, and conformance to specifications of all products produced by Raw Seafoods.
Position Reports To: Quality Control Manager, Quality Control Assistant Manager
- Maintain Quality Control documents and records on an ongoing basis
- Inspect all incoming products for quality, safety, and adherence to specifications
- Conduct organoleptic testing on finished and incoming products/ingredients
- Organize and administer product cuttings
- Monitor the production floor for food safety and employee safety
- Perform Quality Control checks and related paperwork in all departments
- Allergen testing, including testing according to annual, monthly, and weekly swab schedules
- Accompany USDA inspector throughout plant and assist with all questions or problems that arise, when necessary
- Check finished product labels to ensure conformance with product specifications and government requirements
- Compare finished product to specification sheet to ensure it meets customer’s requirements
- Ensure all products meet and exceed standards required by USDA, USDC, FDA, and BRC
- Immediately identify and correct situations where product does not meet specifications
- Complete inbound and outbound paperwork associated with incoming and outgoing product
- Conduct inspections of all manufacturing equipment prior to use
- Maintain testing equipment, and conduct calibrations as needed
- Complete metal detector calibrations and corrective actions on a regular basis
- Oversee that all procedures are followed in accordance to USDA, USDC, FDA, and BRC requirements
- Complete special projects from Quality Control Manager
- Update online databases and logs with inbound and outbound reports
- Provide upper management with thoroughly checked outbound reports for customers
- Assist with internal audits, including customer specific on-site inspections when necessary
- Complete internal verifications, non-HACCP only
- Assist Quality Control Assistant Manager as needed
- Responsible for quality and safety of all products produced
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Biological Sciences or related discipline. Or a combination of work experience and education which proves proficiency in the field
- Intermediate computer skills
- Experience and understanding of food ingredients, nutritional labels, allergens, and governmental regulations set forth by the USDC, USDA, and FDA
- Proficient with allergen swabs, testing, and all related tasks
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to make quick, educated decisions regarding product quality
- Flexible schedule, as weekend work, early mornings, and late nights are sometimes required
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
||Product Development & QA/QC Position
Pearlco of Boston, Inc. / Saratoga Salad Dressing a Boston area manufacturer of high quality dressings, sauces and marinades is looking to add a Product Development QA/QC person to our team. This position will be a hands-on full time opportunity working with all functional departments. As a member of the operations team, this person will take a lead role in ensuring both the quality of our manufacturing process as well as the quality of our products.
- Degree in Food Science or related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP and SQF Certification.
- Minimum two years QA/QC experience along with product development knowledge working in the Food Industry.
- Strong mathematical skill with a high attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office Programs: Word / Excel…
- Ability to self-motivate working independently as well as with production team members.
- Monitor all plant operations to help encourage GMP’s and Food Safety / Handling Procedures.
- Develop new and/or improve existing products for Saratoga brand and private label accounts.
- Accurately scale product formulas from bench top to large production floor batch sizes.
- Record required daily food processing data while compiling and storing all documentation needed for compliance with exciting HACCP and other programs.
- Maintain current Finished Product and Raw Material Specification Information while assisting Purchasing Group with new raw material sourcing.
- Investigate and resolve all product quality issues.
- Recommend corrective action when needed to address product quality issues.
- Perform any and all product testing and analysis.
- Ensure the accuracy of all product labels including ingredient statements and nutritional information.
- Oversee the maintenance and control of all production formulas and confirm proper formulas are followed during production.
- Maintain all documentation as well as represent the company during all outside 3rd party audits and inspections.
- Execute any additional projects requested by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and lift up to 25 lbs.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Quality Control Supervisor
specifications, formulas, work instructions, and procedures applicable to your
position and the products being produced.
assigned and dictated by procedures, all in process and finished product.
audits to inspect of proper date codes, weights, seal integrity, package
appearance and physical, chemical, and sensory attributes.
CCP inspections and complete the applicable HACCP records.
needed work activities such as cleaning, line clearance, changeovers, etc.
If a process
is incorrect or out of control, halt so proper adjustments can be made.
identify all products that have been tested and released.
identify all products that have been placed on hold.
Help guide the
rework protocol of nonconforming product.
with departmental supervisors and staff to explain and guide quality
maintain lab equipment such as Titrators, scales, etc. as instructed and
sediment and particle size, density testing, sensory evaluations, etc. as
maintain labs, lab equipment, and any QC supplies.
follow all safety instructions found on chemicals and equipment.
and detailed records of all activities.
Apply to Christene Hennessey, Director of Human Resources
||QUALITY CONTROL/ASSURANCE MANAGER
Responsibilities are to assure all
quality testing and recording tasked are performed according to strict
standards set forth internally and by our customers. Must have working
knowledge of all quality and food safety aspects. Must ensure all incoming raw
materials and finished products released for shipment meet or exceed our
Oversee and ensure all incoming raw material and
production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately
Supervise to ensure maximum plant efficiencies and high
standards of safety, quality and production are met during all operations.
Provide a strong presence in the receiving area and the
manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support
operations and raw material receiving and inventory.
Assist and train employees on all aspects of quality and
Oversee lab duties such as record keeping, documentation,
and data collection as required.
Manage training sessions and assist in the training of
assigned employees to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
Experience: 2-3 years professional experience in a quality
supervisory or management role in a HACCP or GFSI facility.
Strong oral and written communication skills including
computer and data entry skills.
Strong leadership skills, ability to teach and lead by
Excellent inter-personal skills. Work well in a face
paced environment with fellow employees, departments and management.
Apply to: Annie Yan,
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 508-583-2995
|| Position Description: Must be able to lead in a fast paced environment.
Plan, organize, schedule and manage activities of plant and production of product.
Develop and implement appropriate plant polices and procedures, modify and correct as needed.
Support the implementation and execution of quality system and control programs.
Work closely with all functions to ensure total compliance to all quality policies and procedures.
Support, train, review, coach and manage staff.
Responsible for food safety and quality of product produced and packaged on a daily basis.
Coordinate the completion of 3rd party food safety audits.
Significant experience in a food production environment.
Food safety quality system experience
Knowledgeable of GMP’s, sanitation, SOP’s, Allergen Control, FSMA & HACCP.
Good understanding of the science behind process control, chemistry, machinery/processing, production and equipment functioning.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5+ years of related supervisory experience required. Food background with experience in food quality assurance and plant management.
Excellent inter-personal skills.
Work well in a face paced environment with fellow employees, departments and management.
Apply to: Annie Yan
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 508-583-2995
||Senior Food Technologist
Concord Foods, LLC is well known in the food industry as a
supplier to leading retailers, branded confectionery manufacturers and food
service chains. The Oringer Division specifically services the confectionery,
ice cream/dairy, bakery and food service sectors. The company has four
divisions, with a common purpose and commitment to providing superior levels of
quality, product innovation and excellent service to customers.
We are seeking an experienced product developer with a
successful history of developing and commercializing new products. This position will focus on the development
of confectionary fillings, syrups/sauces, and ice cream variegates and bases.
Primary purpose: to develop and successfully commercialize new food products that meet the
restrictions and requirements supplied in a project brief while meeting food safety, financial and sensorial
requirements of the customer.
initiatives to drive revenue. Formulate and prepare benchtop/ pilot samples per
customers’ project briefs, specified restrictions, and within time allotments
Develop predictive analytical testing methods to ensure successful new product
transitions to manufacturing
product trials with support from Quality, Engineering, and Operations
Leverage problem solving and critical thinking skills to overcome development obstacles,
find solutions, and resolve issues with commercialization
Perform physical and chemical testing of customer prototypes including, moisture, water
activity, pH, viscosity, and microscopy
Develop specifications for prototype samples
Conduct storage studies to validate new product shelf life
Maintain internal documentation and records per internal requirements
Source new ingredients/flavors/etc.
as needed. Evaluate performance, record results, and approve raw material documentation
productivity driven projects
BS or MS in Food Science or Chemistry
4+ years of
product development experience within a food manufacturing environment,
preference for confectionary and syrup/sauce background
Detailed understanding of ingredient functionality
including stabilizer, protein, and fat interactions.
Ability to self manage projects including excellent
organizational and time management skills
communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the
Adaptability, creativity, and team work!
MS Office proficiency
Concord Foods is conveniently located off Rte 24
(Brockton/Easton line). We offer an
excellent salary and benefits package. Successful candidates will be required
to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screen.
Please forward resume with salary requirements
Nancy Taylor email@example.com
Director of Human Resources
Concord Foods LLC